HARMONIC SINGING WORKSHOP 1/5/2021 in Barcelona
Do you want to learn the basics to be able to practice overtone singing? These techniques can be learned by anyone and benefit from their practice. Overtone singing will represent an exploration of your voice as you had never imagined, and you will be able to apply it in any musical practice or personal growth.
In the workshop we will focus on providing enough of a foundation in Western overtone singing techniques for attendees to explore further on their own.
We know that to get started in overtone singing it is very important to practice regularly and with an adequate method or guide. At MuOM we have found that group singing is a very efficient way to develop the vocal techniques of overtone singing and at the same time benefit from its effects in a much more powerful way, because of the sum of the voices with the overtones.
We have been developing our own methodology for almost 10 years, both in the pedagogy of overtone singing and in its expression in a group and choral context. In our methodology, experience and experience is the most important thing, so each exercise and dynamic is designed to address different aspects that the student can integrate, step by step.
We give relevance to the development of listening, vocal knowledge, and some musical notions regarding harmony. We emphasize empathy, musical and vocal creativity. All this in order to enjoy the effects of the harmonics in each one and the improvisations created among all, the union of voices in a state of pure communion.
In this introductory workshop we will explain the basics of overtone singing and students will be able to experience their first achievements in the same workshop. No vocal or musical knowledge is necessary. After the course we will send you a summary of the workshop and material (audios) so that you can continue practicing.
During the workshop we will explore, through group dynamics and personal exploration, the possibility of developing harmonic singing, not only to have a proper technique but also to be able to enjoy its effects when harmonized in a group.
- To know and distinguish the different techniques of diphonic singing.
- To become aware of the respiratory support and body balances for singing.
- Identification and management of the vocal structures that allow to generate harmonics.
- To be able to clearly emit harmonics in different techniques of diphonic singing.
- To know the harmonic series to learn how to improvise with overtone singing.
- To offer some bases to be able to develop these techniques as a powerful personal tool or with therapeutic application.
- To promote deep listening.
- To experiment with vocal, static and creative singing in a group context to achieve states of communion and calm.
- To experience the possibilities of the voice as a musical instrument and as a way to meditation and well-being.
- Body and energy work to unblock
- Efficient and relaxed breathing
- Deep expression of the voice
- Liberation and awakening of the authentic voice
- Intonation and tuning based on harmonics
- Deep listening to detect the range of harmonics in the voice.
- Technique of 1 and 2 cavity and vowel overtones.
- Overtone concepts and theory
- Simple choral harmonies
- Group vocal cohesion
- Musical dynamics that facilitate listening and awareness.
- Individual and group creation and improvisation
- Presence and meditative states through chanting
- Saturday, May 1st. Barcelona
- The workshop will be held in two blocks, from 10 am to 2 pm and from 4 pm to 8 pm.
- For lunch, you can take it with you and be in an outdoor space at the center where the workshop is held, or go to a vegetarian restaurant near the center.
- The place of the workshop will be Samadhi Yoga, Carrer del Pintor Pahissa, 14, 08028 Barcelona:
Bring comfortable clothes and water.
You can bring a notebook or a tape recorder. However, at the end of the course we will send you a summary of what has been explained and some recordings so that you can continue practicing.
He has received classes in Naad Ioga with Surinder Singh, dhrupad singing with Shri Prashant Kumar Mallick, and harmonic singing with David Hykes (creator of the concept and the first harmonic singing chorale), also trained in Still Voice training. In 2008 he attended the 5th International Khoomei Congress, held in the Republic of Tuva (Siberia, Russia; playing with Mongolia), where he learned with several masters various techniques of guttural and diphonic singing typical of Central Asia. He returned to Tuva in 2012 and 2013 where he entered the competition of the VI International Congress of khoomei, being the first Spaniard to do so. He teaches courses and workshops since 2009, he has been and is a teacher in different voice trainings, such as Voz Integral or Aliento y Voz.
He is co-founder of MuOM.
He started overtone singing in 2001, after reading a book on voice, overtones, and after listening to Tibetan lamas and David Hykes. His musical training is not superior, but he inherited the ear and musical sensitivity of his paternal grandparents and his father. He used to improvise, singing with his siblings on his grandparents’ staircase, which was like a church. He is co-founder of MuOM.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE
Fill in the following registration form, there are only 5 places available (updated 13.4.21)
PRICE AND METHOD OF PAYMENT
To make the reservation effective, please make a bank transfer to the following account number:
ES14 1491 0001 2430 0012 9778 (Triodos Bank)
Please note the following parameters:
- On account of: Name and Surname
- Beneficiary’s name: MuOM
- Concept: MAY HARMONIC INTENSIVE + “NAME AND SURNAME”.
Once the payment has been made, please send the bank receipt to email@example.com
If you have any questions, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will respond in less than 24 hours.